Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,821 to 5,840 of 5,842

Croctopus

@AccessibleDaydream Big Man turning into a shadow with multiple copies is a direct reference to the boss Phantamanta from Super Mario Sunshine. His boss title "The Hype Manta Storm" also refers to the name of Phantamanta's episode "The Manta Storm".

"Why, if it isn't my old pal Luigi! Or is it Baby Luigi? I can't tell the difference." - King Boo

WoomyNNYes

Oh, this is pretty cool.😁
I completely forgot about the ability to put a custom splatoon 3 photo into a glass frame in your Splatoon 3 locker. I put a photo of my splatoon character posing with the Grizzco sign in my locker - if you look carefully.

Untitled

original photo:
Untitled

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

AccessibleDaydream

WoomyNNYes wrote:

Oh, this is pretty cool.😁
I completely forgot about the ability to put a custom splatoon 3 photo into a glass frame in your Splatoon 3 locker. I put a photo of my splatoon character posing with the Grizzco sign in my locker - if you look carefully.

original photo: https://i.postimg.cc/Qdm80hCD/2024092513522900-s.jpg
Untitled

How do you get the poses like that in photo mode?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@AccessibleDaydream You need to scan an amiibo after entering photo mode. I scanned the Splatoon 3 inkling girl amiibo with yellow hair. After you scan an amiibo, you'll get a pose options menu after you press (+) for Set the Scene. I used pose #5, which is the Victory Strut emote animation.

I don't know if that emote/pose option is exclusive to Splatoon 3 inkling girl amiibo? (I'm going to test another amiibo to find out. I'll add the answer to that with an edit)
EDIT: Pose 5 is Victory Strut appears to be a standard pose for all amiibo. I tested with Marina(splatoon 2 amiibo) and Callie(spaltoon1 amiibo).

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

'Tendo liker

Croctopus

@AccessibleDaydream You need to use amiibo to be able to use other emotes. Otherwise, you'll just stand there. Kind of lame if you ask me. Sometimes I just want to take photos of myself posing somewhere and not have to keep someone standing right next to me like Shiver or Marina out of sight. That's why Smallfry is usually best for something like that, but even he can be too close to me in a place like a stage.

The photo stand is a cool concept, but only your Switch friends can see it, so I don't use it. That's why when seeing one in a random person's locker, it's always blank.

"Why, if it isn't my old pal Luigi! Or is it Baby Luigi? I can't tell the difference." - King Boo

WoomyNNYes

Croctopus wrote:

@AccessibleDaydream ....Sometimes I just want to take photos of myself posing somewhere and not have to keep someone standing right next to me like Shiver or Marina out of sight....

Yeah, my zoomed-in photo leaves out the amiibo character standing beside me.

Being that it was a photo for my locker, I wanted my character to be big in the photo, so you could them. So that's why I zoomed in so much. Otherwise, if your photo is not zoomed in on your character, your character will be small & harder to see when the photo is in your locker.

(I messed around for like 20 minutes, trying different photos. I also used the contact lens head gear option, so my character wasn't hidden under a hat, or obstructed with sung glasses.)

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Did everyone see the NSO exclusive Grand Festival idol icons were automatically added to your character icon inventory? If you played splatfest with a friend or with someone in a pool, they are awarded to you. They are easy to spot, because they are at the top of your icon list, and they say "Grand Festival" below them.

(I don't think I've seen anyone mention it in here yet?)

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

'Tendo liker

CaleBoi25

@WoomyNNYes I love the photo stand! I need to update my picture to be Grand Fest themed though.... The next Splatoon game had better add "double-wide" lockers as an unlockable, maybe at Level 50? (Level 10 or 15 gets you a medium locker, and 30 gets you a large one, so 50 seems like a good spot to unlock an even larger one!) Also, please let us choose a locker size. Sometimes I want the smallest one so that what I put in stands out more, but sadly that is not an option.

SplatComp

Currently Playing: Blanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

KidSparta

@CaleBoi25 I honestly hope the rumor before launch that there would be apartments to decorate turns out to be a real cut feature that they add to the next game. I feel like some of the items you can put in your locker are so massive that they were intended to be displayed in a much larger space…

You can’t control the way others talk to you, but you can control the way you talk to others.

WoomyNNYes

Human Grand Festival!!😆

If you play the opening of the video and skip around, it's interesting to see how how much burning man inspired Splatoon's Grand Festival.

edit: burning man kites. Nintendo did their homework.These look very similar to the jellyfish kites at the grand fest hub.
Untitled

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

The Grand Festival logo icon was added to your Splatoon 3 icon inventory if you participated in Grand Fest.

'Tendo liker

CaleBoi25

I am a pretty skinny person, but I am also tall, so in order to get a Grand Festival shirt that fit lengthwise, I ordered a large... now it looks like I used the in game button [(Y) Adjust Gear] lol!

SplatComp

AccessibleDaydream

CaleBoi25 wrote:

I am a pretty skinny person, but I am also tall, so in order to get a Grand Festival shirt that fit lengthwise, I ordered a large... now it looks like I used the in game button [(Y) Adjust Gear] lol!

Awe 🥺 that’s so cute to imagine adjust gear irl.

I haven’t opened either shirt (Past or Future) or the Wristband. I don’t know why.

Y’all think we’ll get a spllatfest tee replica in game?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

CaleBoi25

@AccessibleDaydream i certainly hope we get STRs in this game! Also, i believe i say you in the comment section of a youtube video today... But i forget which lol! It was the same pfp but a different username.

by the way... Does byrond know the melody notes to the onward! leitmotif? I want to make it my island tune in acnh.

SplatComp

AccessibleDaydream

CaleBoi25 wrote:

@AccessibleDaydream i certainly hope we get STRs in this game! Also, i believe i say you in the comment section of a youtube video today... But i forget which lol! It was the same pfp but a different username.
by the way... Does byrond know the melody notes to the onward! leitmotif? I want to make it my island tune in acnh.

It’s so cool seeing people around other parts of the Internet! My YouTube pfp isn’t quite the same, but it’s very similar, in that it’s still me! :3

Maybe if you look in your YouTube history you’d be able to find it!

AccessibleDaydream

invmat

WoomyNNYes wrote:

The Grand Festival logo icon was added to your Splatoon 3 icon inventory if you participated in Grand Fest.

As someone who tried to get every Splatoon 3 NSO icon and as someone who played the Grand Festival for almost 3 full days, played in a Pool and with friends I have to say....:

I still don't have them! Not one of the exclusive Grand Festival icons (just the regular single-character ones). Is Nintendo still adding them or am I doomed...?

invmat

WoomyNNYes

@invmat They gave them to us in a new way. If you met the requirement, these Grand Fest icons were automatically added to your Splatoon 3 icon characters inventory. You don't have to do anything to claim them. Just go to edit or create a Splatoon 3 user icon, and they will be in the top row of your inventory. If you got them, you can't miss them, because they are the only icons that have "grand festival" labels under them.

I'm under the impression that all regions got their grand fest icons. If you didn't get yours, I don't know if contacting nintendo support can help?

You can see what it looks like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/1frjq4g/grand_fest...

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

'Tendo liker

CaleBoi25

@invmat Ah, a fellow collector! I have all the Backgrounds, Characters, and Borders... except the Squid Sisters, Off the hook, and Deep Cut ones, which were not added for me either! (Though I did get the Grand Festival logo.)

SplatComp

WoomyNNYes

@CaleBoi25 Really? You didn't get the three grand fest icons of the idol groups? And you played grand fest with a friend or someone in a pool?

'Tendo liker

CaleBoi25

@WoomyNNYes Yes, but sadly, they did not appear. So my collection is forever incomplete. 😭😭

SplatComp

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic