Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 15,421 to 15,440 of 16,145

FishyS

Sigran102 wrote:

Everything else you said is just hopes or predictions.

To be fair we had the exact same worries last year when it seemed like almost nothing was coming out the latter half of the year... and then a bucket load of games were dumped on us. I could imagine Switch 2 issues making the schedule a little lighter this year, but I suspect we will still get quite a few things. But yeah, all we have are predictions until an actual direct.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Sigran102

@GrailUK no, you don't come across that way. I'm just trying to be careful with my words. I came here after a long time on forums that were much less chill and brought some of that negative energy with me, so I'm trying to tone it down.

I'm not saying endless ocean is a bad game, just that it's not exactly a big release. It looks like a drought year to me because aside from Peach, all they've announced are a couple of remasters and that, and they skipped the annual february direct.

Edited on by Sigran102

Sigran102

GrailUK

@Sigran102 I can still see them having a cracking holiday season. It's when they make most of their money and far too early for them to tell us what they have. So I'm not worried. Besides, there is a new Super Monkey Ballgame coming out. I'm drinking this year lol

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@Sigran102 I don't see 3D Mario being crossgen. I think we'd see a situation where there's like 8 games planned for Fall/Holiday 2024 and 3 are Switch 2 exclusives (e.g. 3D Mario, some kind of tech demo game like Wii Sports/Nintendo Land/1-2-Switch, an open world game like XCX) so they get delayed leaving 5 Switch 1 games intact. So Fall/Holiday 2024 in the end looking something like:

• September - Metroid Prime 4
  • October - DK, WWHD/TPHD double pack
  • November - Pokemon Gen 6 remakes
  • December - Tomodachi Life

Swap Pokemon Gen 6 with a different RPG franchise like Fire Emblem if there truly is a 2024 Pokemon break.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Sigran102 To pair with Legends Z-A like they did with BDSP + Legends Arceus but also to do with the 3DS shutdown. Bank will still be up but all online functionality for X/Y, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon will be gone in less than a month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikaPhantom

@GrailUK Are you referring to the Bandai Namco-developed 3D action game remaster LinkedIn listings?

PikaPhantom

skywake

Sigran102 wrote:

imo anything that's cross platform, they'd want to debut with the switch 2

I think it depends a bit on what the game is. If it's a one-and-done showpiece type title like Metroid Prime 4 or even like a HD Zelda remake or something then sure, no arguments there. But if it's a slow burn title that isn't really a showpiece then maybe not. Especially if cross-buy is a thing and/or the target demographic are not early adopters

For example if they had something like a new Animal Crossing in the works ready for a cross-gen release? There wouldn't be that much value in holding out for Switch 2. You'd throw that on Switch and then tell people if they want they can upgrade to Switch 2 for HDR or whatever

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

GrailUK

@PikaPhantom No, this one is from a Nintendo employee.

FragRed

@FishyS Animal Crossing New Leaf HD? Wow. They not even trying to hide their crazy dream fantasies.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Clammy

I like how they tried to make it look all official using the letter head and everything... lol

Clammy

GalaxicGlobe

@FishyS LMAO so fake, tbh If that happened I wouldn't even be that excited lol....

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

GrailUK

@PikaPhantom Sorry from the late reply. It was from a game tester at Nintendo of America.

Anti-Matter

@FishyS
The poster of "fake" Nintendo Direct looks obsessed with Zelda stuffs too much.
Even if the fake Nintendo Direct will comes true, I will not even watching the Zelda stuffs segment.
I will just skip watching for several minutes then go back watching the Direct after the Zelda stuffs segment finished.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

@FishyS From what can be seen here without clicking anything (up to SMP2), the most obvious sign of it being fake is the complete absence of unannounced 3rd party games. There's always some unannounced 3rd party games in the first 5-10 minutes.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

GrailUK

@PikaPhantom I'm afraid not. It could be EPD. It might not. It's an unannounced game.

PikaPhantom

@GrailUK Ah. Wonder if it could be the new Star Fox EPD seemingly has in the works (they filed for new Star Fox trademarks alongside Princess Peach, and Nintendo Switch Sports randomly has some unused data tied to Star Fox in the code, with mentions of things like the Wolfens)

PikaPhantom

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic