Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 16,159

Octane

I also just read that all of the games were running on PS4, and not on NEO. I'm excited to see that Days Gone looks that good, whilst handling so many AI all at once.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

Since you mentioned Yume Nikki, I have to ask: have you ever played Corpse Party? It's an absolutely phenomenal little horror game.

No. Too much reading, and I never really liked scary stories, if you get my meaning...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamer83

@WebHead
Yeah, I'm still a little unsure about the first person perspective and we'll see if the game adds some survival to go with the horror elements but in comparison to 5 and 6 this is closer to what I'd like from Resident Evil. Even if it does also feel like they're trying to cash in on the void left by Silent Hill.

[Edited by Gamer83]

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

Even though 95% of PlayStation 4 games are 1080p, I am really glad that Sony have made it a mandatory to ensure all PlayStation 'Neo' games to be at 1080p.

Some Xbox One games like Star Wars Battlefront and Quantum Break are 720p, and it is definitely noticeable when you come off playing PlayStation 4 games on a regular basis.

The original Xbox, fifteen years ago, had 720p games like Amped 2, Freedom Fighters, Soul Calibur II and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, which makes it all the more baffling to see Xbox One games in that resolution!

1080p is a absolute must in my books, whereas 4K is just a nice extra (at the moment).

:EDIT: On the subject of the Resident Evil VII demo, it seems that nobody in the whole wide world knows what the dummy finger is for... well, except for those who created the 'Beginning Hour' teaser demo, of course.

[Edited by Peek-a-boo]

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@WebHead Lines up with previous rumours, all have been pointing towards a release later this year, now with Sony's official confirmation that the system exists and I think late November is a pretty good guess.

Octane

WebHead

Yeah I think ps4k will launch close to gt sport

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

IceClimbers

Marvel shared some info on their future plans for games:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235407

Biggest point: They are DONE with movie tie-ins and Activision licensed games. That era is over.

They plan to find good developer and publisher partners, and then dedicating an IP to them. They specifically want developers who will create top-tier games, not just "good" games. They also will only work with developers who are passionate about the IP, and not just the IP's money-making ability.

In regards to Spider-Man, the Sony/Insomniac Spider-Man games will be the only Spider-Man games going forward (barring the Lego games). They explicitly state that the future of Spider-Man is with Sony and Insomniac.

Very interesting indeed. This also essentially makes Spider-Man a PlayStation exclusive franchise.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

Hopefully future Marvel characters won't be exclusive to certain platforms

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

@DefHalan I imagine most of them will either be multiplatform or PlayStation exclusive going forward.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Peek-a-boo

@WebHead Given that there were no leaks about their E3 conference, I'd say that they are already doing quite well in this regard!

Spider-Man was being spoken about for a while, but that was with Sucker Punch on board, not the developers of the original Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank and Sunset Overdrive, Insomniac Games.

Microsoft on the other hand had their entire conference leaked, even the order of when the games will be shown as well as a 'Project Scorpio' segment at the end, which defeated the point of showing the Xbox One S at the beginning (!)

Pleased to hear that Marvel are going for quality over movie tie-ins and annual franchises; Spider-Man feels at home on the PlayStation too. It is a very compelling exclusive to have too.

Peek-a-boo

Tasuki

@Peek-a-boo I feel the exclusivity of Spiderman games came out of the deal with Disney for having Spiderman in Civil War and part of the MCU. Probably something along the lines of ok you guys can have Spidey's movie rights, but we have all Spidey game rights for X amount of time or games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

@CanisWolfred I found out about the leaks in regards to the Microsoft E3 conference, and proceeded to post about it in the Xbox thread. It was all over the Internet hours before the show!

Apart from Spider-Man, nobody really knew what Sony had in store.

@Tasuki I believe that is indeed the case, as well as Insomniac approaching Sony and asking if they could take the reins. Sony wasn't going to go ahead and 'sell' Spider-Man for money and money alone.

Like I said, they now have a very compelling exclusive on their hands!

Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

^ I don't believe you said anything accusative anyway! ^

More Gran Turismo Sport information surfaced last night.

Untitled

The all-new campaign mode is split into four different sections:

• Beginners School
  • Circuit Experience
  • Mission Challenge
  • Racing Etiquette

Along with the usual Arcade mode that consists of another four sections:

• Single Race
  • Time Trial
  • Drift Trial
  • 2P Split Screen

Here's two in-game screenshots showing the difference between Gran Turismo 6 and their new game:

Untitled

Untitled

Track detail is a rather big leap indeed! I especially love seeing those air balloons too.

I am really looking forward to playing this, seeing as I skipped Gran Turismo 6 and played Gran Turismo 5 round my friends when I didn't own a PlayStation 3 (at the time).

[Edited by Peek-a-boo]

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

I remember I nearly exploded when I saw a trailer for Gran Turismo Sport a few weeks ago. It looks fantastic.

Too bad it's apparently just GT7 Prologue, albeit with somewhere around twice the content of GT5 Prologue...

Wait, they still do Split Screen? Yes!...wait, I only have one PS4 controller...because I have no one else to play games with...oh well. Split Screen always sucked for racing games, actually. Maybe GT7 could look even better if it drops that mode?

[Edited by CanisWolfred]

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dark-Luigi

For the sake of expanding my collection I went ahead and got a few PS4 games. 'Cause why the heck not. Some that I know people heard about, though out of all of them, one stood out to me. It's Infamous: Second Son. After playing the first and second Infamous, I hope this one will be good. But I'm curious to those who have played the game and if it's decent, if you don't mind me asking.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic