Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

Posts 321 to 340 of 454

FishyS

@KashiKimari I call those thwomps because they are clearly just thwomps 😆 If I recall I almost got stuck in the same place; I think there actually is a different way to escape but I am not positive. Regardless, if you get stuck, you can just teleport out of the dungeon.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

StarryCiel

I just used a Crawltulla to get back out, it didn't even register to me that I could've gotten stuck in there

StarryCiel

Henmii

Regarding the "game breaking" bug: From what I have read on the internet you have to trigger the Eldin volcano cutscene BEFORE the Goron city entrance cutscene. Just go from Kakariko village up the mountain without entering caves, then go left at the first wall. After the Eldin volcano cutscene you can go straight to the Goron city and that cutscene also plays. If it always works that way it isn't a glitch at all. So if you can't enter the city, might just go for the Eldin volcano cutscene first.

Update: Seems the Eldin volcano cutscene plays as soon as you go up the mountain. After that I went to the city and everything worked. The Eldin volcano cutscene also plays when you come from the right, so I can't see how anyone could miss that.

[Edited by Henmii]

Henmii

KashiKimari

@FishyS Not going to lie, I compete forgot about waypoints. 😂
Guess that's what I get for playing until dawn. Thanks for sharing, now I can save all that progress.

KashiKimari

BougieBeetle

Talking to cats is incredible! I'm utterly charmed by the way they refer to their humans as "person-friend."

“Why do you speak of certain reversals—machinery connected wrong, for instance, as being ‘ass backwards’? I can’t understand that. Ass usually is backwards, right? You ought to be saying ‘ass forwards,’ if backwards is what you mean."

FishyS

Am I the only one who accidentally sets themselves on fire every time they pass a lamp? 😆

FishyS

FishyS

@WoomyNNYes It never even occured to me to ride on a pathblade. I mostly only ride on the Tiles and platbooms just to get over a cliff or gap easily.

FishyS

Eel

I’ll sometimes summon the horse to move around, but most of the time I just teleport.

Flying tiles are great to cross gaps without much effort, but you need to be careful with differences in elevation because they will break on contact.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FishyS

Speaking of missing a gap and falling, what do people think about lack of Fall damage? I think they did it to encourage creativity with gaps. And... the fact that they made falling into pits kind of horrifying makes you still avoid it even though there is technically no penalty.

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

N00BiSH

@FishyS I think they eased up on pit damage to accommodate for the extra mobility the jump provides. Just a hypothesis.

"Now I have an obligation to tag along and clear the area if Luigi so much as glances at a stiletto."

WoomyNNYes

@FishyS I agree. I've been pleased with the lack of fall damage.

Yeah, just jump onto a pathblade after you spawn it. Its fun. Pathblade zoomies!

[Edited by WoomyNNYes]

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

FishyS

@WoomyNNYes I think it's the only game I've ever played where falling into a bottomless pit doesn't cause damage, the game just tries to make it feel traumatizing instead.

Edit: I was curious if that was listed in the ESRB 10+ rating, but instead it invokes burning creatures alive as a rationalle for not being E for everybody. Which I suppose is fair.

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Joeynator3000

....Am I like, missing some extremely important mechanic here or something? I'm starting to find myself really irritated with this game at this point. I'm at the fire temple, and at the point of not wanting to bother anymore...constantly falling into lava, unable to kill enemies because everything I throw at them are completely useless (and of course I'm out of energy but even then I can't really do much in Link mode either when the enemies are in lava. :/ ). Huge pools of lava that I can't get across no matter what I do...I can't rely on beds all the time. What am I doing wrong here?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

FishyS

@Joeynator3000 There are some spots where holding a bird over your head and gliding helps a lot. equipping jump boots also helps. In terms of killing things, birds do a pretty good job on the small critters. The stronger birds will still catch on fire and die horribly but they will do some serious damage first. Also, water blocks are a good way to drown some enemies. The big enemy echoes which cost 5 also can generally hurt pretty much anything.

Oh, and make sure you have the echo platform stone thing which floats in lava. Also pick up the floating lava blocks which are already hanging out and move them to where you want with x.

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Eel

@Joeynator3000 try using water blocks to make swimmable ladders and bridges. The lava rock is also pretty handy to use as a platform over lava (but it’s expensive to place).

Hydrozols and echoes that can cause damage without making direct contact will be pretty useful against fiery enemies (the green winged mushroom is by far my favorite attacking echo in the entire game).

Use the purple winged mushroom to glide over large distances whenever there’s spouts of steam around (you can use them to regain altitude, and the mushroom will blow in the opposite direction to where you’re facing, so it flies very fast)

[Edited by Eel]

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FishyS

@Eel I really like my burning kamikaze butterflies 😆 I also somehow missed ever collecting hydrozol echo until after that dungeon.

[Edited by FishyS]

FishyS

Joeynator3000

@FishyS ...Wait, I can hold flying enemies?... -.-
I thought the only thing I could do was use bind and follow, which I found completely useless. Ugh...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic