Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 15,861 to 15,880 of 15,928

GrailUK

@MaisonRidley7000 I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FishyS

MaisonRidley7000 wrote:

Listen we have not had a normal Nintendo direct since September last year and I got a bad feeling that princess peach showtime could be the only 1st party game to launch this year so if we don't get a mario game this year
Then princess peach showtime could be the last one for Nintendo switch 1

What do you mean by 'the only first party game?' We know of 6 Nintendo published games through June. There are 4 Mario sub-franchise games ( Peach, Paper Mario remake, Mario vs DK remake, Luigi remake/remaster), Another Code remake, and a brand new Endless Ocean game. Only 2 of those are brand new, but they all still exist. Since 3D Mario won't realistically be until 2025, I think if we have even more Mario games the only likely possibilities are a Mario sports or Olympics game, a port of one or more of the New Super Mario games, or Mario Wonder DLC. There will likely be more non-Mario ports or remakes this year ( Zelda, Metroid Prime 2) but a new Kirby spinoff or Pikmin DLC or another franchise which hasn't been around for a while could easily give us more non-remakes as well.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

GrailUK

We have had it good for 7 years. Nintendo's output this gen has been legendary. I think they are allowed some time to make games lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FishyS

GrailUK wrote:

We have had it good for 7 years. Nintendo's output this gen has been legendary. I think they are allowed some time to make games lol.

Fair, but I do need at least one more game I really want so I can use my orphan voucher. 😝

FishyS

Novamii

@GrailUK Considering how good we've had it, and humoring what some of those supposed leaks may imply in terms of games and hardware (With a massive grain of salt), if any of it's true I think it's worth it. If a little silence means we get something potentially on par or even better than the Switch era (Which has been astounding for both Nintendo AND the fans), patience is a small price to pay. Good things come to those who wait, as they say.

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

Anti-Matter

Amiibo Festival Deluxe, everyone?
I'm ready for this game from the next Direct.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

April's NSO Expansion Pack games are a shadow drop this time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

I remember liking extreme g as kid. I don't recall the other game.

NintendoByNature

PikminMarioKirby

@Grumblevolcano if it's a shadow drop, are they keeping an opening for something else pretty soon? I mean, we might be getting TTYD previews and possibly a trailer this week, so maybe they are keeping the 2nd half of the week open for that.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJD87

re NSO Shadow-Dropped games... don't get me wrong, 'something is better than nothing' - but honestly, there are so many N64 gems that are being overlooked here.

Silicon Valley? Goemon? Body Harvest? DK64 / Diddy Kong Racing?

CJD87

FragRed

Can’t believe Atlus does that Snowboard Kids vinyl tease only for it not to be in this month’s NSO. Thats just pure bullying 😝

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

chiiizu

@CJD87 Honestly the N64 has so few games that Nintendo really ought to give us the whole library (one could argue there's too many NES or SNES games for a full library but N64 has 388, that's perfectly reasonable)

Can I do a completionist run of video game history? (It's still being made so we'll see)
Currently Playing: Unicorn Overlord (Switch)
Next Up: Sand Land (PC)
Panic (Reality)

PikminMarioKirby

We just got a huge trailer for TTYD, doesn’t mean we won’t get a Direct, but decreases chances for sure.

Noble_Haltmann

Looks like they updated the Nintendo website to reveal what the “new gameplay features” are:
https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/paper-mario-the-th...

“Twenty years after the original game on the Nintendo GameCube™ system, this version for the Nintendo Switch™ system has revamped graphics, an updated soundtrack, and gameplay additions like updated quick-travel pipes and a Partner Ring to swap characters in a jiffy. There are some additional improvements too—visit the Battle Master if you need help with combat, access a hint system if you’re stuck, equip the Nostalgic Tunes badge to play using the original soundtrack, and more!“

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Sigran102

I saw around the clock made a video about a rumor that the switch 2 will be revealed in June. Anyone know if it's credible? I swore off his videos because the clickbait got WAY too obnoxious.

Sigran102

FishyS

@Sigran102 there was a well known supposed leaker who is correct sometimes but not always who made this claim. It's possibly insider information but it is at least as likely it is a guess based on the May financial meeting where we expect a codename reveal (or at least acknowledgement of new hardware soon) combined with the fact that Nintendo usually has big directs in June. Seems a bit early to me if the release is March 2025, but it's always possible they will release information in pieces and tell us some things in June and more in e.g. October (I would minimally expect most of the information about Switch 2 games to be saved until Fall. )

The short answer is I wouldn't put much faith in those rumours but it's always possible they will be true. Regardless, seems a little early to conjecture until we see what drops at the May 8 financial meeting.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS What leaker? Just want to know credibility

FishyS

@PikminMarioKirby I think it's that journalist Lutti Lippe who was the first one earlier this year to say Switch 2 was being delayed to 2025. But we don't really know their sources.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

PikminMarioKirby

@FishyS Oh okay, never heard of that leaker.
I feel like realistically June is a good time for a reveal, if it’s not my best guess would be in the fiscal year meeting on May 8th. I think we will be getting an announcement in early June, be it a next gen reveal or Direct.

Sigran102

The bird broke the silence on Switch 2. How is no one discussing it here?

Sigran102

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic