Forums

Topic: Super Mario 2025

Nintendo's "Switch Successor" should be revealed soon, check out our guide: Nintendo Switch 2: Everything We Know About Nintendo's Next Console.

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

NinChocolate

Waiting in the wings of a Parabeetle is the preview of the next Nintendo Switch, and more importantly, the next Super Mario series entry. There’s rumour and precedent that we could know in a matter of days!

My guess: Super Mario Dynasty

My reasoning: I bet Nintendo has considered Mario for a dynasty warriors type game, even if seemed unlikely. But themes and concepts could be adapted to set Mario, at least in part, in an east Asia historical setting. What did Super Mario 128 teach us about more Mario computing power? More on-screen characters. So a kingdom battle could be an intriguing backdrop to a 3D platforming adventure. I also think mainline Mario will have horse riding for the first time. A giddy uppah..

Or we just get Galaxy the third (but nah..)

NinChocolate

CJD87

I am also really curious as to what the next mainline Mario will look like...

Maybe Mario 2025 is already too far along in development, but I wondered if Nintendo might lean into some of the elements of Astro-Bot? Specifically regarding the integration of levels related to other Sony-IP etc.

For example, the new Mario could have levels that are Zelda/Metroid/Starfox themed, and specific gameplay mechanics/nuances within each.

I'd be thrilled though for Galaxy 3, would genuinely welcome that

CJD87

Servbot_EJ

You know, speaking of a Mario themed Musou game, I always wanted a Smash Bros Musou. With all of the different characters and game environments, it would be pretty cool.

Servbot_EJ

NinChocolate

Another possibility for the next big Mario game is going the route of 3D World instead of introducing a more sprawling adventure a la odyssey or galaxy. If the next switch features expanded resolution and screen size, they could decide to market that with multiplayer. It does seems certain the joy con will remain as a shareable controller. If they could nail a really good 2P co-op Super Mario, that would renew the case for the joy con for a lot of people at the launch.

This is the style I’d hope they go. Focused 3D courses with well defined two player as opposed to a sprawling single player collectathon.

NinChocolate

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic