Forums

Topic: A Comparison of No More Heroes (Xbox 360 VS Wii)

Posts 1 to 20 of 27

Ravage

The 360 one looks really weird, too many shadows. It does look a bit less washed out though.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

pikku

Wii loooks better IMO
is it coming to PS3?

Edited on by pikku

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

V8_Ninja

The Wii version looks very correct on the color side of things but does look weird at times. The 360 version does make things look better but there seems to be too many extremely dark shadows and too many glossy, reflective surfaces. I personally like the Wii version better.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

RowdyRodimus

I like the backgrounds better on 360, but I like the character models on the Wii. Then again, I like simple designs of characters, like in comics I prefer Jim Aparo or Neal Adams Batman to Jim Lee (actually i hate all of Jim Lee's stuff) or John Romita Sr. to Todd McFarlane when it comes to Spider-Man. Too much detail just makes it look fake (I know it is fake, just play along) I mean, I've never seen anyone with 14 layers to their hair and three outlines standing out on every seem of their clothing. It's just an aesthetics thing with me. Simple=better.

I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.

Flandy

/me takes out No More Heroes and starts playing

Flandy

Useless_Account

At the begining I knew which side was which but then when he was in the video store I was like wait. Don't mind the difference.

Useless_Account

Donatello

V8+Ninja wrote:

The Wii version looks very correct on the color side of things but does look weird at times. The 360 version does make things look better but there seems to be too many extremely dark shadows and too many glossy, reflective surfaces. I personally like the Wii version better.

Agreed, the XBOX 360 version has too much gloss and too much dark shadows(Especially when Travis has no shirt on and is taking a dump) and overall has a darker picture. Yet it's clearly superior regarding detail and the fact that it's HD, but that's a given....Yet it's a shame that they didn't add a Map selection screen like in NMH2 which was a fantastic idea. But it looks like XBOX 360 Owners have to deal with that City crap But I'm sure if it sells well, Suda will do a NMH 2 port.

And even though the motion controls were minor in the Wii version, I liked them. It felt satisfying swiping the Wii Remote in a certain direction to finish off an Enemie.

Edited on by Donatello

Donatello

Mabbit

i think that the Xbox360 version looks better. Sure it looks like someone added plastic wrap on Travis, but on the wii version, a lot of the objects look kinda bland and blocky like a N64 game and overall the Xbox360 version is just a lot more stylish.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

CanisWolfred

The 360 version has a few too many shadows, and I prefer the grainy old film look in the Wii version's opening cinematic, but other than that, I'd say the 360 version looks better. But honestly, it's a more powerful machine, so that goes without saying. What matters now is whether or not it will be as fun to play without the Wii remote.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Oregano

Donatello wrote:

But I'm sure if it sells well, Suda will do a NMH 2 port.

Going off first day it sold 2-3 thousand more than the Wii version(on an install base of over 6 million compared to the Wii's 5 million at time of release before anyone says that proof it was on the wrong console) and there's some doubt over whether it has made(or will make) money because they created all new assets for it(it was more of a remake than a port) and was likely more expensive than the Wii version.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

Machu

So how do you charge your Katana with the 360 pad? Hmm.. there's that joke gone. And what about the phone calls? Hmm..

edit: OMG the wrestling moves. This may look crisper, but it will have had it's heart torn out.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Matt_B

Machu wrote:

So how do you charge your Katana with the 360 pad? Hmm.. there's that joke gone. And what about the phone calls? Hmm..

edit: OMG the wrestling moves. This may look crisper, but it will have had it's heart torn out.

Yep. It might look better but I've a feeling that the port is going to leave a lot of 360 people scratching their heads and wondering what the fuss was all about.

Matt_B

Rensch

I didn't know there was an Xbox 360 version, too.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

FonistofCruxis

Donatello wrote:

Agreed, the XBOX 360 version has too much gloss and too much dark shadows(Especially when Travis has no shirt on and is taking a dump) and overall has a darker picture. Yet it's clearly superior regarding detail and the fact that it's HD, but that's a given....Yet it's a shame that they didn't add a Map selection screen like in NMH2 which was a fantastic idea. But it looks like XBOX 360 Owners have to deal with that City crap But I'm sure if it sells well, Suda will do a NMH 2 port.

Suda wasn't involved in the 360 and ps3 versions. More to the point, I think the wii version looks better because the 360 is too glossy and has too many shadows. Also it doesn't have motion controls or a speaker.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Kaeobais

What happened to the grain at 0:50? The the scene in the Wii version has grain, while the 360 one does not.

And yeah, when Travis has no shirt on, he looks almost metallic. The Wii version looks a lot better IMO.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Cia

Wii version looks better

Cia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.