Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 16,001 to 16,020 of 16,031

Grumblevolcano

@Tayrailbridge The way they announced Mario RPG + LM2 + Showtime in the June Direct made it very clear that the Mario focus was connected to the movie release. Still, it's rather surprising that they focused even more on Mario than they did when Mario anniversaries happened and next year is the SMB 40th anniversary.

Thinking more about it, I think the anniversary helps in Switch 2 speculation. Announcing Switch 2 on Mario Day with a release month of September 2025 (launch titles being 3D Mario + Mario Kart) sounds very Nintendo-like.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

This is nes remix 3 or nes remix deluxe

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

dmcc0

@cchhaasseerr "Coming to Switch systems" could just as easily mean Original, OLED and Lite. Vague enough to confirm (or deny), absolutely nothing - which is likely exactly why they phrased it that way!

dmcc0

PikminMarioKirby

@Grumblevolcano I thought it'd be announced separately. Probably won't stop it from at least being mentioned at the Direct though. Not really sure what else they can say about this game, so probably a short mention or something

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blooper987

Looks cool. Still really weird they chose to market it as Nintendo World Championships when that hasn’t really been relevant in a while. Still cool and makes my late Wii U/early Switch nostalgia kick in to see the people from then in the trailer

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Keman

It will be loaded of course. When was it last time when Nintendo announced a nonE3 Direct more than 1 month in advance? Probably never.

Switch won't suddenly die off so fast the next Nintendo console gets announced, early 2025 is my guess. Look at PS4 who still gets lots of game even on the 4th year of PS5.

Even Gameboy survived NES, SNES and N64 generations!
Switch will continue got get games past 2030.

I want Metroid Prime 2+3 Remake and a surprise new Zelda in 2D pixels on a higher resolution (never gonna happen), plus Final Fantasy 6 + Chrono Trigger on a similar style as the Star Ocean 2 Remake...

Also don't forget that Monolithsoft's game!
They recruited a lot of new staff for 5 or 6 years ago for a new IP.
No doubt that it's coming to Switch.

Keman

Magician

@Keman

Mmm, XC3 was only what, not even two years ago?

Even though Monolith Soft is equal parts a support developer and a first party developer for Nintendo, their next big release probably won't be until a year or two after the release of Switch 2.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

It's interesting how the trailer for NWC features only 1 game which isn't on the Switch, DKC Returns.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Novamii

@Grumblevolcano Something like that would certainly fit the type of year we're in. (Ports, remasters, and remakes.)

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: (Taking a break and leaving my gamer dungeon before TTYD.)

Joeynator3000

...Still hoping for NES Remix...even though it's likely not happening anymore....go figure.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

OctolingKing13

I DINT CHECK THIS SITE FOR THREE HOURS AND NES REMIX TRAILER IS OUT? actually looks pretty cool ngl! and $30 for another couch co-op game is a STEAL!

Edited on by OctolingKing13

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Jhena

All I wish for, is a localization of Mameda No Bakeru.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

PikminMarioKirby

What day are we expecting the June Nintendo Direct? We know it is most likely a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I'd imagine that Tuesday isn't that likely as Nintendo typically prefers doing it on Wednesdays/Thursdays when possible. I also think that the last full week of June is unavailable due to Luigi's Mansion 2 HD. They might want to avoid the week before it as well.

Therefore my prediction goes down to 4 days; June 5, 6, 12, and 13.

Do you think this is likely? Which of these days makes the most sense?

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Grumblevolcano

@PikminMarioKirby I think it'll be June 19th. June 6th is Summer Game Fest and June 9th is Xbox showcase so Nintendo probably don't want to have their Direct around then. Meanwhile LM2 on June 27th likely means the Direct isn't the week beginning June 24th either.

Which leaves the week beginning June 17th and Nintendo seems to prefer Wednesday Directs.

Grumblevolcano

PikminMarioKirby

@Grumblevolcano Ah yes I didn't realize those events were happening at those times (as Nintendo isn't in them so nothing I'm really interested in). June 6th is definitely out of the question (at least, most likely). This most likely means the Direct wouldn't be on the 5th either.

However, I disagree that Xbox showcase means that there won't be a Direct on the 12th or 13th. The Xbox showcase is the 9th, which 3-4 days before. Xbox doesn't really compete against Nintendo anyways so I don't think Nintendo cares. Ultimately Nintendo's presentations often overshadow other presentations because of how much better they are (like the Playstation Directs being overshadowed by Nintendo Directs on the same day), so if it's 3-4 days after I think Nintendo's perfectly fine with that.

Typically Nintendo doesn't like to have Nintendo Directs too close to their releases, unless it's the week after. Obviously, though, the week after Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is pretty much July, and since we know the Direct is in June, that does not seem to be the case. Having a Direct a week before a game is pretty rare, if I'm remembering correctly.

My guess is that the Direct will be on June 12th, as that seems like the most available day to do one. I guess June 13th would work as well, but my bets are on a June 12 2024 Direct.

Grumblevolcano

@PikminMarioKirby I'm looking at it from an E3 perspective. E3 locked Nintendo into having their event very close to the others (would've been June 11th at 5pm UK time if E3 happened this year) but when E3 was gone, Nintendo made sure to stay clear from the other showcases to have the spotlight all to themselves. For example XC3 Direct June 22nd 2022, Partner Showcase June 28th 2022, General Direct June 21st 2023.

E3 is permanently dead now so I'd be very surprised if the Direct appeared only a few days after the others. To be honest, I'd be predicting June 26th if it wasn't for LM2. Directs usually have 1st party shadow drops and I feel the only way a June 26th general Direct could work out is if either there were no 1st party shadow drops or if the shadow drop was LM1 with physical release in like August/September.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

cchhaasseerr

June 11/12th.

I am expecting at least one big shadow drop (hopefully Prime 2/3), which would perfectly fill the gap before Luigi's Mansion.

cchhaasseerr

PikminMarioKirby

@Grumblevolcano Yeah I’d guess that the Direct was either the 19th or 26th if it wasn’t for Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD

That is a really good point about e3. With e3 they were forced to have their show close with the others, but would often try to choose the last day for a banger ending and to stand out above the crowd. But now those restrictions aren’t there, and can have some flexibility for when the Direct is. They always seem to be later than all other presentations even without e3, which is kind of a tradition at this point.

19th is still in the question, although I’m still leaning on the 12th. Either are still possible, especially since LM2 is a smaller release and they’d probably be fine having a Direct the week before it as long as they show it there.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic