Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,121 to 5,140 of 5,233

Croctopus

Same Ol' convincingly wins the Sneak Peek with 35.82% to Bucket List's 32.54% and Save the Day's 31.64%. The Splatfest Main Event starts with Same at 90p and Bucket at 45p.

The Splatfest artwork inspired me to wear the Snorkel Mask and Flipper-Floppers for my Splatfest fit. Besides my Octo Shot, I'll make sure to sometimes play my two favorite Sloshers, Dread Wringer and Bloblobber Deco.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Jhena

I chose "save the world". The teams I played with today were great. 5 losses and 29 wins including 2x10 matches. Most losses against my own team.

I do not want to stop playing.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Octo-JellyFish

I chose Bucket List, 16 wins - 7 lose. I won 2, 10x battles. Had quite a lot of mirror matches. I mostly lost against Save the World they were savages lol.

Go Team Bucket List!!!

Edited on by Octo-JellyFish

I's a jelly!!
Currently Playing: Splatoon 3
Be calm and eat French Fries

My Nintendo: Potato-man | Nintendo Network ID: Dead

Grumblevolcano

I finally got my first bronze capsule at the shellout machine, never got any of bronze/silver/gold before this.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WoomyNNYes

I chose Same Ol, with the expectation that it would be there underdog with votes but end up winning with the better stats. (I also picked for the shirt & ink color)

@Grumblevolcano I have 1000 hours in Splatoon 3 and have almost exclusively gotten bronze capsules. I've maybe gotten one bronze every 2-3 months. I think I've only gotten one silver capsule. And I've NEVER gotten a gold capsule, which seems insane to me for the amount of time I've put into the game.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Croctopus

Bucket List leads at halftime with 34.06% to Same Ol' with 33.36% and Save the Day with 32.58%.

Please oh please don't let Frye get the halftime curse yet again! Teams Skeleton, Fist Bump, and Li'l Bunnies led at halftime too...

I reached Ruler +1. This isn't the complete picture, but my battles up to now have been 26-21 since last night when I was Defender. My losses seem pretty split between Sameys and Savers. I won two 10x, which is my average per Splatfest. I've had a few mirror matches. Overall, It's been a totally mixed bag for me.

Whirling Octoling

vio

I went Team Bucket List. I sadly haven't had a ton of time to play due to work, but scored quite a few wins.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Octo-JellyFish

I feel like the splatfest are a little too long in Splatoon 3. I think 42 hours is a bit much especially for regular splatfest. Special fest like frosty and spring can be 42 hours imo then 72 for final. I really like 24 hours like in 1 and 2. 2 straight days of only turf war is a lot with no break and the only other mode is salmon run (for some reason).

Anyone like or dislike 42 hour splatfest?

I's a jelly!!

WoomyNNYes

@Potato-man Splatfests have always been two days/48hours-ish since splatoon 2. Maybe there's been a three day splatfest, but my memory is hazy on that.

I think too many people would miss out if Splatfest was only 24 hours. Sometimes people have other plans/family stuff that take up much of one of the weekend days.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Octo-JellyFish

@WoomyNNYes The only 42 hours in Splatoon 2 was the special ones i.e Springfest and Frostyfest according to inkipedia that may be wrong though. And 3 day for FinalFest. But those are pretty good points, so more can participate.

Thanks for commenting back 🙂

I's a jelly!!

Fizza

This might just be the luckiest Splatfest I've ever had: four 10x wins for Team Bucket List almost back-to-back-to-back-to-back, two wins on Defenders on ROM-en Tricolour and my first 100x win in almost a year and a half.

what on earth is happening XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: ....nothing XD

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

I don't like to be negative, but I really don't like Barnacle & Dime. The map that's sort of shaped like the letter S. I've been having some terrible matches on that map... like whenever the enemy team covers the majority of it, I get "stuck," so to speak, and I keep getting splatted by everybody shortly after I respawn. So I can't even get to the center part and my team would lose miserably. It might be all because of how it's shaped... probably my least favorite map in the game, honestly.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Octo-JellyFish

@MarioVillager92 SAME! Although I rather like the stage, it is annoying sometimes. Hard time on this stage in splatfest, lost most of the time with spawn campers

I's a jelly!!

MarioVillager92

@Potato-man Yeah. Sometimes I win in that stage, but yeah... I think it needs a bit of improvement. Maybe make the beginning areas wider or something.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Croctopus

Team Bucket List wins over the Sameys and the Savers! FRYE WINS!
Sneak Peek: Same 35.82%, Bucket 32.54%, Save 31.64%
Votes: Bucket 50.25%, Same 29.09%, Save 20.66%
Open: Bucket 33.82%, Same 33.42%, Save 32.76%
Pro: Same 34.38%, Save 32.83%, Bucket 32.79%
Tricolor Battle: Bucket 34.53%, Same 33.42%, Save 32.05%
Overall: Bucket 415p, Same 395p, Save 60p

Frye: "What are we all gonna do at the end of the world? EVERYTHING WE WANT!"
Shiver: "I... I don't even have a bucket list!"
Big Man: "Ay... Ay... (No... We didn't make it...)"
Frye: "Team Bucket List did so good! That's the spirit I wanna see when the world ends!"
Shiver: "Good on Team Same Ol' for sticking to our principles and not going the extra mile."
Big Man: "Ay! (I was so moved by the way Team Save the Day came together as one!)"
Shiver: "Alright, enlighten me. What are some of the items on your famed bucket list?"
Frye: "Oh! You wanna know... now? First, I'd chow down while chatting with you two on an Anarchy Splatcast like normal."
Shiver: "You'd host a snack-review segment at the apocalypse? Actually, that tracks."
Frye: "Then the three of us could go shop for stuff that might help save the day!"
Big Man: "Ay? Ay. (Huh? That all sounds like what Shiver and I wanted to do.)"
Frye: "Oh, that's 'cause the top of my bucket list is making sure you two have a good day."
Big Man: "Ay... Ay! (Sniffle... Awww, Frye!)"
Shiver: "Hm... it's far too soon for the world to end. Perhaps Team Save the Day had a point."
Frye: "Why sweat it? It's not like anything THAT bad is gonna happen anytime soon."

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Octoling

CaleBoi25

FYRE WON?!?!

Edited on by CaleBoi25

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

MarioVillager92

Bucket List wins! Heck yeah! Plus Frye finally got another win!

I also won my first anarchy series! The mode was Tower Control.

Untitled

Croctopus

Wow, it's crazy how close it was. Frye narrowly avoided another Shiver upset like Handshake and Friday. I'm pretty sure this is the first time a Frye team won Tricolor Battle. I'm shocked that Save the Day was a flop. I lost a lot to them. My battles were still a mixed bag overall, and the last day was my worst. I still allowed myself to be hopeful in the end. I had some mirror matches, so I was expecting us to win the Votes, but not at all by a landslide.

What a weird Splatfest that almost completely shattered my expectations. In a good way! It's hilarious that Frye won with a theme like this. Maybe we all really should make a bucket list? As a former Team Sweet member, I'm happy to have helped again!

Whirling Octoling

Maxz

Congratulations!

I find the wording a bit weird for winning a series. “5 wins in a row” implies… 5 consecutive wins, with no losses breaking them up. Winning a series on the other hand involves getting 5 wins before 3 losses. There’s no need for them to be consecutive, and up to 2 losses are permissible.

Does “in a row” mean something different in North American parlance?

Anyway, not to detract from your victories at all — this is a linguistic quibble I have with the game itself, not your performance. Well done again!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Croctopus

So yeah, Frye Fans can die happy.

I'm not far from getting the five star badge for the Octo Shot Replica, so I'm going to be grinding for that like mad in Anarchy Battles. Win or lose, we get more Freshness Points in that mode than just regular Turf war.

Just a random thought; I noticed a lack of posts during the Splatfest Main Event. Were the posting changes already being felt?

Whirling Octoling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic