Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 3,161 to 3,171 of 3,171

Ganner

In the The Lara Croft Collection for Switch I finished the "Guardian of Light" game. Pretty good and simple fun. Now moving onto the "Temple of Osiris" game. I'm playing them alone so I'm aware I'm missing out on the well-received coop portion of these games, but I don't have a choice. Still having fun and that's all that matters.

This fire is burning and it's out of control. It's not a problem you can stop it's Rock and Roll!!!

Harleq

I finished the Pixel Remasters of Final Fantasy I and IV recently. 1 was the first Final Fantasy I ever played back on the NES when it first released in the US. My brother and I spent countless hours experimenting with different party compositions (some favorites: two red mages, two black mage; four fighters; two black belts, white mage, black mage; three fighters, white mage). We memorized everything and could beat it in our sleep. Needless to say, I'm not objective when I think about it. It's not perfect but I love it, and the remaster is gorgeous. I had a delightful 10 hours with it (Thief, Black Belt, White Mage, Black Mage) and I'll most definitely return to try with a different party.

IV is a classic for a reason and the remaster preserves everything that makes it great. I love everything about it and my only disappointment was that it had to end. It's a lot shorter than I remembered. I finished it in about 18 hours, which included a couple hours of grinding for Pink Tails (if you know, you know).

I also finished the adventure mode of Ring Fit adventure. I'm now working my way through the post-game levels. I wrapped up day 91 today and I'll be doing something daily for as long as I can. It's a brilliant game and doesn't get enough credit for how legitimate an exercise program it is. You're not going to get shredded but you'll stay fit, strong, and flexible. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Finally, Shiren the Wanderer: Serpentcoil island. I've beaten every dungeon but the hardest ones (Isle of the Mighty and Heart of Serpentcoil Island) and I'm giving each one of those a daily run or two. The Shiren series is one of my all-time favorites. I've put well over 150 hours into it already and I'm sure I'll put at least that much again.

Harleq

NintendoByNature

@Harleq FF IV was such a great game. I first experienced it last year in the pixel remaster. Loved it much more than VI actually which dragged out.

NintendoByNature

MsJubilee

Manhunt. What a violent, unique, and unforgettable Rockstar game. It's an underrated classic that has some flaws. The melee combat is serviceable, and the gunplay is a mixed bag. I hated the gun sections, but the atmosphere and music are fantastic. Overall, it's a top-tier horror, stealth game 9/10 rating.

Watch Dogs 2 is a phenomenal game that surprised me. I didn't expect much from it. Watch Dogs blew me away. The game world of San Francisco is beautiful and full of life, and you could spend hours just exploring it. The customization options for the protagonist, Marcus, are impressive and significantly improved over the original. The hacking is also excellent, and you can stealth your way through the entire game, which is a plus for me.

Speaking about the original. The game's story is piss poor compared with the original. The crew of DedSec is cringe-worthy at times, and it feels like nothing is happening to them( except for one death). Despite several factions in the game that are after them, no one can stop them. Even the CIA fails to lay a finger on them. This is ridiculous, and DedSec has too much plot armor. I wish the stakes were higher and more grounded. Despite this, Watch Dogs 2 is amazing. 9/10.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nintoz

Finally beat Paper Mario: The Origami King!
Hadn't played a PM game before this one and I thought it was pretty good (I can only imagine how I'm gonna feel about TTYD if I think this one is 'pretty good' lol)

Loved the art style and writing. Even though there weren't many 'original' characters, you still get a real feel for their personalities behind their fairly ordinary appearance.
Oh and the themeing of some of the areas were really cool as well! The autumn mountain and the eastern-influenced party were standouts for me.
But I just could not deal with the battle system anymore for the last ⅓ of the game I'd say.
On paper (pun intended), it seems quite fun but something about the execution of it makes it cumbersome and it got to the point where I would just avoid battles wherever possible.
Some of the boss battles were pretty funny and creative but again the battle system sadly made me dread them rather than hyped for them.
The rest of the gameplay I thought was quite good overall. A few misses here and there, I remember not being super enthralled with the submarine/boat bit for some reason. Although as battling is such a key part of the experience, it can sometimes be hard to enjoy yourself knowing that sooner or later, you'll be lining up that damn doughnut again!

Looking forward to checking out the definitive Paper Mario experience in a couple of weeks. From the way I've heard it being discussed, it sounds like I and many others playing it for the first time are in for something truly special

Nintoz

Jhena

A few weeks ago, I beat DuckTales Remastered for the PlayStation 3. Aside from the bosses, who are a little bit too challenging and the very last part of the game, I think this is a great modernised version of the NES game. It has the magical charme Disney used to have and simple but fun gameplay. You can even swim in money, like in the cartoons. Another cool thing is, that you can use the money, which you collect in the game, to buy artworks, music and so on. I am really loving the uplifting tone of this adventure.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Ganner

In the Switch The Lara Croft Collection I beat the 2nd game "Temple of Osiris". It was pretty good. In my opinion I liked the first game better because I felt the 2nd game was more puzzle based than shooting action. Both still good and I had fun.

Now moving onto the next game in my backlog. I wanted it to be Sifu but I'll have to wait till the next sale. I forgot to grab it during the last sale so it'll have to wait. I ended up putting my Switch N64 controller to use and started Blast Corps. I'm going to try to finally beat it 27 years later! Back in the day it was too hard.

This fire is burning and it's out of control. It's not a problem you can stop it's Rock and Roll!!!

Jhena

Super Mario Land (NSO)
Fun little game. I would have loved it in my early childhood.I like the atmosphere and now I want to play a Mario shoot em up.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Servbot_EJ

I've been in the mood to play the Seiken Densetsu/Mana series lately, so I decided to give Legend of Mana a go, which I hadn't played before.

Just finished it today and enjoyed it a lot. I actually finished the game by accident, so I went back into my save to finish several storylines I was playing through. It's a very open ended game, after all. The way you play the game can be different every time, which is something I really like to see in a game.

Servbot_EJ

jedgamesguy

Beat Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on PS5 after a long few months. Started the game on Feb 28 after I got it a day early in the post, and beat it on May 13, the main story took me 36 hours. Didn’t do many of the side quests or secret bosses, just focused on the story for the most part after I got tired of the open world busywork (by the time I got to Corel).

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Lazz

Beat MGS2 last week - first ever playthrough of the game. Wow, that ending really holds up today and feels relevant - was not expecting that. Really enjoyed playing through it, and very happy to have finally experienced it. Now working my way through MGS3, and will someday finish MGS1 (very close to the end)

Nick

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic