Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 10,481 to 10,500 of 10,553

roy130390

@GalaxicGlobe Don't treat them badly, that's a myth. In fact, if I remember correctly, there's a bigger chance if you max out friendship with them. Another thing is that it's a bit random, but I think that the last villager moving to your island is even less likely to be the one asking to leave usually.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

GalaxicGlobe

@roy130390 Oh no... I just put the fences in front of the 2 i want to leave lol and dont talk to them.
Also I dont think that the last villager to join is harder to make leave bc once I got a villager and she wanted to leave immediately lol.

Space and Games are similar. Space is endless and new stuff is out there waiting to be discovered. Games are always being made but the creativity is different from one game to another and so many more ideas still haven't been imagined or created yet. (That came out better than expected lol)

Switch Friend Code: SW-1116-1320-6156

roy130390

@GalaxicGlobe Keep in mind that it's random and based on chance so, while it's less likely, it's not impossible for them to ask for it. I remember posts about people time traveling trying to get the villager to leave they mentioned that the last one didn't ask it as frequently but it's all based on anecdotes. It did happen with me and Lionel and Kabuki though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

FishyS

@roy130390 @GalaxicGlobe I got quite a few villagers to leave in almost the exact same amount of time (I forget how many days it took but it was a few... I kept a record back when I was obsessed with the game) just by talking to all my other villagers except the one I didn't like. So although there is a level of randomness, I'm of the opinion 'treating them badly (with neglect) to get them to leave is a myth' is itself a myth. The fact that it always worked for me and my friends just seemed a little too consistent.

Note that you have to observe the villager you hate fairly regularly or else you miss the thought bubble of them wanting to leave.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Anti-Matter

GalaxicGlobe wrote:

Anyone got any tips on how to get villagers to LEAVE.
I had a spot open and some random villager joined who i do not want.

The fastest way and 100% guarantee you can kick out the unwanted villagers by using Campsite trick + Amiibo card.
You need at least 1 Amiibo card of villager you want to add for your island and you must have Campsite as well.
Scan the Amiibo card and the villager from Amiibo card will stay inside the Campsite.
Talk to them and do their request by making DIY.
You must scan them for three days in a row and do their request in order to make the villager from Amiibo card stay on your island.
By the third day you done their request, they will tell that your island cannot accept more villagers but you have power to kick out the villagers so choose carefully the unwanted villagers you want to kick out.
The villagers you kicked out will immediately pack their stuffs on that day and will leave from your island on the next day.
The villager from Campsite will move to your island right after your unwanted villager left.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Budda

From my obsevation, the last villager has a 0% chance of wanting to leave. Not even once did the last villager thinking about it. And I time travel a lot and had many many villagers that wanted to leave. But never the last one.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Anti-Matter

@Budda
Good thing in ACNH, even the villagers want to move out, they will never moving out by themselves without our acknowledge, so we can keep our villagers forever even we don't play ACNH for very long time.

Anti-Matter

card-crunch78

Thanks to a little "help" online, I've got Ankha and Cherry on my island.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Croctopus

My relationship with this game has been interesting to say the least.

I've played ACNH since the beginning and I was hooked for years. New Leaf was technically my first game but New Horizons was the game that finally got me into the series, so it feels more like my true first game. However, over time, I got bored and disillusioned with my old island because it had a blandly generic name like "Cross Isle" that was permanent and the island itself just felt too generic to me. When I got the original white OLED Switch, I did all the game transferring and accidentally deleted the old island because I didn't do the silly island transfer tool that I couldn't understand. I wasn't even that upset.

So I stopped playing New Horizons for a while until I slowly started to miss playing Animal Crossing. There won't be a new game on the next console for a couple more years at least. I realized that letting my old island go was a big mistake because even with a generic name it was still a good, five-star island. I tried a few times to play again but just stopped each time because it's a bit of work to start over from scratch even when I was okay with not building up a collection of stuff or completing the museum anymore. Finally, I've settled back into this game for good with "Croctoland" last month and now I'm okay with playing New Horizons until the next game launches someday.

Whirling Deep Cut Fan
Team Bucket List: Die for Frye

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

CSOwen

I want ACNH friends...

CSOwen

Switch Friend Code: SW-8078-2853-2310 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-3896-9551

Gamemoose

I play it off and on. I went through Halloween but I missed Thanksgiving. I got to do Toy Day this year as I plum forgot last year. Today I had the time to check my stocking to get Jingle's picture and that's about it. I have to work on getting my island's rating up so I can get KK and then I guess I'll eventually get the ability to cook....? THAT'S what I wanna do, even though I do enough of it in real life (I have a LOT of kids). It'd be neat to just whip up something neat in AC and have one of the kids over through the main Switch to have a virtual picnic.

Gamemoose

Mana_Knight

Is it still worth buying this game? My last AC was on the Gamecube, which I did very much enjoy. I hear this one is more about landscaping and building than a social sim though? I often hear people say the villagers are boring compared to previous games though?

Mana_Knight

VoidofLight

@Mana_Knight Its only enjoyable if you like customization. The game is just an animal crossing skinned sandbox game. Misses the point of the series and guts a lot of what made the gamecube game - New Leaf so special.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Mana_Knight

@VoidofLight Thank you. That is sort of what I feared. There are aspects I do like the sound of, such as the Fishing and fossil hunting, but just making an Island look how I want to may not be all fun to me. I think the fact that the GC game also had NES games was an amazing addition. Pointless with NSO, but it sounds like some kind of mini-games could have been put in there.

Mana_Knight

Kimyonaakuma

I enjoyed New Horizons...but it is my least favourite game in the series (excluding spinoffs). It leans so much into things I don't want or care about, and a lot of it feels quite shallow.

Personally I just want to wander about, catch some fish, chat to a few villagers and buy some nice things for my house. Most of those aspects were not improved or were made worse. I have no interest in multiplayer or sharing my designs online - for me it's a relaxing experience and not a social one.

With that said, I put in over 400 hours over a few years. Bought the DLC too.
It's hard to recommend because the world/my life was in a weird spot that I can't fully remember or recreate. It's not the same as my current headspace - maybe the game is secretly amazing when the updates are already finished!

Kimyonaakuma

VoidofLight

@Kimyonaakuma Ehh, I came back to the game when the updates were done, and while it's in a better state than it was at launch- it still misses the mark on a good bit. The main issue with the game for me is that it feels like so many of the elements I loved got dumbed down. It doesn't feel like any of your actions truly matter, as the game no longer has consequences for not playing. Villagers won't move on their own anymore, flowers will never die. Holidays have no consequence if you don't get the events right, given they're impossible to mess up. A lot of the game feels like it was made by people who don't really understand why a lot of people were drawn to the games in the first place. The whole fact that it was another world where time would keep marching on without you. Even though people complained, I always loved the sensation of knowing that if I came back to the game I would have things to clean up. Stuff to work towards. New Horizons doesn't give me that same feeling, and given that the game is just fine without me- I have no real reason to play.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Anti-Matter

I will say, the fans that disappointed with ACNH are probably have never played The Sims games and never understand how joyful to able keep my villagers forever and never understand how interesting to design the house and furnish with furnitures.
ACNH is already become the Next Sims games and will not return to old GameCube style.
If you still want to torture yourself with the antics from older games, just play the GameCube version and don't keep salty with players who like ACNH for being The Sims style.

Anti-Matter

FishyS

Mana_Knight wrote:

Is it still worth buying this game? My last AC was on the Gamecube, which I did very much enjoy. I hear this one is more about landscaping and building than a social sim though? I often hear people say the villagers are boring compared to previous games though?

I feel like the daily checklist apps give a good indication of the basics:

1. Talk to and/or give presents to your 10 villagers (assuming you're not trying to get rid of them)

2. search for and find fossils, money trees and daily recipe

3. shop at all the stores and visiting market NPCs , including any daily new clothes, special furniture, herbs, etc.

4. Maybe get some coffee.

5. chop trees, hit rocks, water/breed flowers or crops.

6. Go to mystery island

7. Do your daily nook miles tasks

8. locate and interact with the 1 or more special visiting NPCs that day such as art dealer, turnips, carpets, bug statues, ghost, etc.

9. catch some bugs and fish; go diving and catch some crabs. A lot of these are seasonal so you don't want too miss to many days or else wait a year.

10. work on your music collection.

Obviously not all of those are required every day but there is near infinite time to spend even if you don't like crafting although there is even more to do if you do like crafting.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic